Does your schedule seems over booked? Do you forget to take out time for yourself, your friends or family? Do you check and reply emails while you gulp in your breakfast hurriedly? Being constantly on the go can create a havoc with your stress levels and before you realize you reach the tipping point for a burnout and exhaustion.
It’s a common misperception that only overly ambitious people reach exhaustion but that’s not true. Burnout can happen to any one and can manifest mental, physical and emotional symptoms with continuous stress and burden. When you are really busy and distracted, you end up ignoring small signs and fight your way through the days. Your stress levels keep rising and every task seems important and urgent.
Its like paper jamming in a printer. You cant find your flow anymore and don’t enjoy activities like before. As humans we are not designed to be always functioning 24/7. You need time so you can rest and charge yourself, energize yourself and reboot otherwise you can crash.
Seven Signs You Are Reaching Exhaustion:
- You feel exhausted and tired all the time.
- You are insomniac, even though you are tired you cant sleep.
- Small daily tasks feel like very big and complex.
- You experience brain fog and find difficult to recall.
- Your emotions are on a high, emotions like crying and anger are easy to come.
- Your usual love and spice for life has disappeared.
- Self care becomes difficult to manage.
Not only these but also the following physical symptoms can occur:
- Change in eating habits and weight
- Abnormal sleep pattern
- Gastrointestinal problems.
If you experience these symptoms, you should discuss them with your preferred health practitioner, therapist or coach. There are many ways to minimize this such as living in the moment, enjoying the present and taking care of yourself first. When you put yourself first, the rest just flows.