We all want to be confident. Don’t we? We also all want our children to be confident as we know that part of our happiness is connected to how confident we are of ourselves at school, work, social bonding and so on.
Confidence is a quality that is part of our temparament. Our temparament shows us as early as when we are four months old whether we tend to have confidence or not. Then on top of that our early childhood experience with our parents, care givers, school, etc either help us to build it or vice versa.
However neither our temparament nor our early social experiences define our destiny. We know that as long as there is intention, we can change our habits and learn new ones if we use the right strategies. Part of life coaching conversations revolve around helping people with their confidence. There are specific tools and processes that might be useful for building confidence, but there is not one size fits all approach. All of these approaches and life coaching strategies need to be customised from person to person.
Building a healthy confidence in a person requires a cooperation with their brain. Since we are talking about breaking a certain habitual pattern here, we need to invite their brain to get creative in imagining their full potential about confidence. How does a life coach do that? The simplest approach is to ask creative coaching questions that we teach in our core foundations program.
10 Creative Life Coaching Questions To Increase Confidence
- What does confidence mean to you?
- In what areas of your life you would like to build confidence?
- Who do you know that has the type of confidence that you would like to have?
- What qualities do these people with confidence have?
- If you pick 3 of these qualities, which one would you go with?
- Suppose that you have developed these 3 qualities in yourself and now they are part of who you are. What would that look like? What would that feel like?
- In order to start developing these qualities in yourself, what would be an ideal plan look like?
- Where will you start?
- What will you change as a first step? Second step? Third step? More steps?
- How will you keep your focus to developing your intention of building and developing your confidence on a daily basis?