Coaching based on a Solution-Focused mindset and effective communication can help people conquer old habit systems and move towards a positive shift. It stimulates the beyond-conscious mind which can help the client to explore many hidden possibilities.
In a coaching setting when you ask questions that provoke visual stimuli such as “how do you imagine your future state will look like?” it brings images to the mind and engages the beyond-conscious mind. When you visualize a variety of responses you become empowered to formulate exceptional plans and take effective action.
A combination of open-ended coaching questions and curiosity to find out more can open the horizons to new possibilities. It makes the client pay more attention not only to whats going on within them but also acknowledge their surroundings.
Most humans by nature have limited conscious focusing power which we use. This capability can be enhanced to be used with much more flexibility and this is what most coaching questions aim to achieve. With the correct coaching questions you can achieve widened access to the client’s life development system and the joy of consciously living from their values. They also get much broader access to the vast range of inner planning tools that they already possess.
Some sample coaching questions will widen your horizon and give you ideas on how the create the appropriate coaching questions suitable to your client. Keep in mind that the questions need to be open-ended and developmental.
- What holds importance for me in…
- What ways of learning hold most importance for me in…
- …enhancing further capacity for learning (in)…?
- …exploring inner knowledge about…?
- …exploring specific areas of development (in)…?
Or other questions might be:
- How may I begin to increase my skills in (abilities, choices…) in the area of…?
- What are some key ways I can expand my skill with…?
- Who do I need to become to…
In short once you step in a deep coaching conversation with the client you need to awaken their genius so that they can live their highest potential. You can do so by:
- Phrasing all negative phrases to positive. (if this is not what you want to do, what do you want to do?)
- Make active use of visioning capabilities and encourage clients to imagine what they want to create.
- Use a warm and welcoming tone to support people in opening up and avoid shutting down or viewing situations from a narrow point of view.
The main goal of Solution-Focused coaching conversations is to create flow states of connection with your client so they can connect with their beyond-conscious mind. As you work with this technique you will find out your own way of awakening the genius in people by effectively interlinking the mind-brain system.
If you are interested in learning more about solution-focused coaching enroll in one of our online coach certification programs.