The salary of a certified life coach varies between $100/hour to $1000/hour depending on the type of life coaching, education, confidence, clientele, and geographical location. The average fee for an hour life coaching session is around $230 USD according to the 2016 global ICF study.
Experience plays a big role in the life coach’s salary increase along with completing a professional coach certification training program.
The number of clients that a life coach gets at one time varies from 6 to 30. The same ICF study revealed that the average income that a coach makes increases over time:
- 1-2 years $150+/hour
- 3-4 years $150-200/hour
- 5-10 years $250+/hour
- 10+ years $350+/hour
Who are life coaches?
A life coach is someone who is a thought-provoking partner for their client who supports them by:
- realizing their true potential and maximizing it through self-awareness and developing new habits;
- getting them through a difficult period of their life;
- identifying meaningful goals to increase their happiness;
- finding balance between all their priorities including work, finances, family, friends, personal development, self-love, romance, etc.;
- closing the gap between where they are and where they want to be;
- developing coping skills that will create positive change in life and at work.
If the life coach is a certified life coach this means that they are the experts in the field.
Some ideas for life coaches to create various streams of income:
- Life coaching with individuals
- Creating coaching packages
- Training and workshops
- Group coaching
- Writing a book
- Mentor coaching
- Motivational speaking
- Online courses
- Video series