Positive Psychology works.
In the past, psychologists and researchers rarely considered or assessed positive emotions such as joy or happiness, except as a means of establishing the absence of depressiın or negative feelings. Research done by Professor Barbara Frederickson has shown us that when people are experiencing positive emotional states, they are more likely to view a challenge and its solutions more broadly-to be more creative and resourceful in their responses-and, as a result, to build up a greater capacity of social, emotional and mental perspectives from which they can benefit, even at times of stress and uncertainty.
Positive Psychology is interested in the science of well-being and happiness. It looks at what it takes to live a good life- a life that is really fulfilling and meaningful. After many years of research, Doctor Martin Seligman and Professor Mihaly Csziksentmihalyi came up with factors and acpects that contribute to a life that is worth of living:
- Having more positive emotions than negative emotions
- Having a sense of optimism
- Recognising and acknowledging strengths and talents and using them in personal and professional life
- Having values and putting them into practice as virtues
- Targeting, designing and incorporating activities that brings a sense of flow into daily life
- Fostering sense of belonging and community- building positive relationships
- Targeting, designing and working towards having a good career and work life
- Creating and designing flow experiences where the skills are challenged and developed on a way towards achieving a goal that is meaningful to it’s owner
- Contributing to the betterment of society
- Developing a sense of meaning in life and at work
- Practising gratitude in daily life
- Building emotional resilience
Although Positive Psychology is based on soundest research principles, we believe that it shouldn’t be limited to the domain of academia. There is so much in it for everybody to learn and implement into our lives in order to achieve how to create a good life that is worth to live. Therefore, It is an important mission to Flow Coaching Institute to make these principles accessible to everybody through training, workshops, one on one coaching and corporate programs that we have been executing.