The majority of entrepreneurs start their business because they enjoy being independent. Reporting to someone equates to pressure for most entrepreneurs. They like to think and act according to their book, not by the book. Therefore, they start their own business with the motivation of being free. However, the road to freedom can be a full of rocks and boulders, especially considering the challenges that come in the first three to five years. The business then gains some momentum and eventually stability arrives. Satisfaction and fulfillment are immense once stability is in place. This milestone can’t be compared to any other job satisfaction. Imagine creating a business that turned the rocks into a gem, giving you the freedom and purpose you have always longed for.
As most entrepreneurs are fond of their freedom, a lot of times they forget to ask for some help. They believe that they are capable of taking care of everything and guess what? They are not! We are not! As human beings, we are designed to be collaborative with others, not solo players…and frankly, the road to freedom doesn’t have to be so bumpy. If you ask for help, especially from a Certified Business Coach whose profession it is to support you and your business, soon you will discover that your ride will become a smoother one. Plus, you will find out that as you get more support, you and your business will get faster and more positive results.
So, here are the five signs that tell you if you can benefit from working with a Certified Business Coach. If you have one or more of these indicators then it is time for you to start thinking about finding a good business coach that is relatable to you and your business.
- Lack of sleep. Your business keeps you awake. You go to bed thinking of your to do list, you wake up in the middle of night with a thought that you have forgotten something or with worry of what you need to do the next day, and you wake up exhausted.
- Time management is a challenge for you. You have so many things to do but prioritizing is difficult as you feel like you need to focus on all of your tasks at the same time. Remember, time management and prioritization are two essential elements of efficiency.
- Business momentum is slow. You work hard and momentum is either slow or non-existent. Remember Einstein’s wise words: “There is nothing more insane then doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.” You need a fresh perspective.
- You are stressed most of the time. Being an entrepreneur requires a lot of patience and resiliency in the first few years. Along with the side effects on your physical wellbeing, stress will block your creative thinking. Building a support system will help you cope with stress. You also need to work on some stress management techniques.
- Your strategy is not clear. You had a good idea that compelled you to start a business, but along the way you realized that you have tried many things and yet there are times you feel as if the path ahead is not very clear. Your intuition tells you that you need to work on your strategy, however you don’t know where to start.
All of these signs, and more, give you reasons to start thinking about hiring a business coach, or even pursuing the path of business coaching certification for yourself. At FLOW Coaching Institute’s Online Business Coaching Certification program we not only teach about Professional coaching skills, but we also support you to work on your business by improving your results and accelerating your business momentum. Completing our online Business Coaching Certification program not only means that you will become a Certified Business Coach yourself, but you will learn business development and strategic planning tools that you can directly apply to your own business with the help of your mentors.